Assessments of your small business’ value will depend on several factors. In general, this evaluation will take into account the business’ cash flow, the value of business assets, the length and rent of the lease term, the location, and current market factors. For a free and confidential expert assessment, please contact Roger at 604-307-8288.
Once listed, your business will be regularly advertised online and in print. Media advertising outlets include the Ming Pao Property Gold Pages and Sing Tao Property Guide weekly magazines, Vansky, and Vanpeople . In addition, all listings are promoted through and its mailing list, Commercial First , Multiple Listing Service , Real Estate Listings , and direct contact to potential clients.
Your due diligence should include reading all available financial statements going back at least three years, if available; the list of all included equipment and business licenses and permits; and ensuring that you have read and completely understood the lease agreement and/or franchise agreement, if any.
Although a lawyer is not required for buying and selling businesses, it is highly recommended that you retain one. Lawyers can help perform due diligence, incorporate your business, background check, and explain and advise of the legal risks and benefits involved in all business transactions.
Other than the purchase price, you can commonly expect to plan for PST on equipment, inventory purchase fees, the landlord’s security deposit, administration or assignment fees for the lease, licensing fees, franchise transfer fees, insurance, and lawyer fees, if applicable.
For information on starting and registering your small business in BC, please see this information from BC Registry Services:
Registering your business
For information and forms related to applying for a food primary liquor license, please see this information from the BC Liquor Control and Licensing Branch:
Applying for a food primary license

Download attachment
FoodSafe is required to operate a restaurant. As an owner/operator, you must obtain this certification. For more information, please see this information from BC FoodSafe:
FoodSafe for your business
Restaurant health inspection reports are published by Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health. To search for restaurant food safety reports, please see:
Vancouver Coastal Health
Fraser Health